Over-the-Top Burger Toppings
Recipe of the day
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
- 5 Crazy Things Restaurants Have Done with Chicken Wings
As far as creativity and artistry are concerned in the world of fast-casual food, burgers are the ultimate blank canvas (right up there with pizza). For years now burger menus have included a wide range of bizarre and ingenious toppings, from classics like bacon and avocado to more complex items like braised pork belly and spicy kimchi. But the places on this list are upping the ante by creating the most outrageous topping combinations ever imagined.
So what kinds of toppings are zany enough to make this list? How about a burger topped with a disk of deep-fried gravy that’s breaded and cooked to order, so that when the hungry diner takes their first bite, the warm, molten gravy oozes out and coats the burger. Or perhaps a tofu burger topped with pan-fried plantains and potato salad? Surely a burger topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge fits the bill.
Whether it’s a patty smothered in sweet ingredients, like creamy peanut butter and cinnamon sugar-dusted banana slices, or a savory creation complete with spicy tuna sashimi, these burgers are the epitome of culinary creativity.
Think you can top these extreme burger toppings? Leave a comment below or email us your tip.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts