- 6 s strips bacon
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
Why bake your bacon, you ask? Two reasons. First, it cooks more evenly than on the stovetop, and, by using the oven, you free up space to cook more fabulous main dishes like eggs in a hole or omelettes.
Plus, I tend to be a cook who watches my food very closely, and this allows me to feel safer about leaving my bacon unattended without worrying that I'm going to burn it. Some of you out there are probably aghast at the idea of preparing bacon in the oven, but I dare you to try it and let me know what you think.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the bacon strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, depending on your desired level of crispiness, turning over once halfway.
Remove from the oven and lay on a paper-towel lined plate to drain any excess oil.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts