- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Is Our Pasta Supply in Danger and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Valley Isle Excursions Provides a Luxurious, Leisurely Journey to Hana on Maui
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Pasta, Bread in Danger: According to this lengthy article, our wheat sources may be in danger, meaning pasta and bread might drop as a staple. [The Daily Beast]
Pay Gap in Fast Food: While CEOs and higher-ups might be getting bonuses and pay raises, Bloomberg reports that corporations are still fighting to keep minimum wage low. [Bloomberg]
What's Happening to Chains? Then again, some of America's biggest chains like Big Boy and Bennigan's have been losing more than 50 percent of their sales in the last 10 years. [USA Today]
John Mariani Takes on Bastianich, René Redzepi, Bourdain: In his "Worst food Moments of 2012," Mariani rags on Redzepi for his ant dish, and Big Gay Ice Cream for their "wretched excess, ice cream edition." [Eater]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts