- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Renowned baker and chef Nancy Silverton teamed with Italian culinary moguls Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich to open Osteria Mozza, a Los Angeles hot spot where the famous clientele pales in comparison to the innovative, creative fare. The pizzeria, attached to the main restaurant, offers a variety of Italian specialties, from antipasti to bruschetta, but the Neapolitan pizzas steal the show.
Their list of 21 pies ranges from $11 for a simple aglio e olio, a classic cheese pizza, to $23 for a more unique pie with squash blossoms, tomato, and burrata — a delicious and simple pizza that transports through the quality and nuance of its ingredients. So it’s no surprise that Batali and Bastianich have taken a stab at duplicating the success of this model pizzeria, opening in Newport Beach and Singapore (though their San Diego outpost didn’t work out). No matter where you eat this pizza or what you order, you’re going to get a beautifully executed, superior puffy cornicione and excellent ingredients.
— Arthur Bovino, 101 Best Pizzas in America 2015, 8/6/2015
- Osteria Mozza ready to reopen after crash - LA Times Food How to find, drink and savor L.A.'s best
- Crash Course: Osteria Mozza Reopens Today - Los Angeles Magazine Search Sign in Food Culture
- Comments on: Crash Course: Osteria Mozza Reopens Today Comments on: Crash Course: Osteria Mozza
- More from the web
- Osteria Mozza Temporarily Closed After Pickup Truck Slams Into Its Entrance - Los Angeles Magazine
- Comments on: Osteria Mozza Temporarily Closed After Pickup Truck Slams Into Its Entrance Comments
- Special Sauce: Osteria Mozza - Los Angeles Magazine Search Sign in Food Culture CityThink Best of