- Labor Day
Olympian Aly Raisman to Endorse Poland Spring
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
There were people who said that bottled water couldn't be sold. Now, bottled water isn’t only taking over the world, it also needs a marketing campaign. Poland Spring has chosen Olympic gymnastics gold-medalist (and one of the Fantastic Five) Aly Raisman to endorse its water.
The deal was announced today, but specifics have yet to be disclosed. While Poland Spring doesn’t have a long history of athlete partnerships, Raisman isn’t the first athlete to work with Poland Spring and endorse the product. Currently, US runner and 50k record holder Josh Cox encourages people to buy Poland Springs water by telling them that water helps him train for races. The company also supports major sports teams, like the Boston Red Sox.
Raisman said of her new sponsor, “Water is an important part of my daily life, and Poland Spring is the 100 percent natural spring water that I have used as part of my training, recovery and everyday life.” While Poland Spring is still in the early stages of seeking our partnerships, it will be interesting to see whether or not these endorsements boost sales. It may only be a matter of time before you see a print ad claiming that you too can do a back flip if only you drink Poland Spring (because that's the only secret to Raisman's amazing feats, right?).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts