- World Water Week begins
There's a New York Times Cruise, Too
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
Kate Gosselin's decision to host a cruise wasn't all that surprising (girl's gotta stay in the spotlight somehow), but really? The New York Times?
Apparently, an Eastern Mediterranean cruise with op-ed columnist Joe Nocera and film critic A.O. Scott will set sail this October from Venice, hitting up Athens, Istanbul, and Ephesus.
Cabin prices range from $1,799 to $6,099 per person, but the 30 hours of programming with Times writers cost another $1,575. What's next, an NPR cruise? Oh wait, that already happened.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts