Oddball San Francisco History
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
Flipside and Jameson Irish Whiskey will be hosting the Oddball San Francisco History event on Thursday, June 27 at the historic Old Mint.
The evening will explore the strange history of the city with several speakers including author Theresa Poletti, who will present a brief history of some of the most popular rooftop cocktail lounges such as Top of the Mark. Though many of these sky high lounges are long gone, their influence is still felt throughout the city.
Other speakers will include Joey the Cat, John Law, and Paul Drexler. Topics will range the history of the arcade game Skeeball to infamous San Francisco crooks such as Henry Meiggs and Charles Cora.
Jameson Irish Whiskey and Bruce Cost Ginger Ale will be providing specialty cocktails. Drinks will be available with a $6 donation to the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society.
For more information about the event, visit the Facebook page.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts