- First electric stove patented (1896)
Obama Offers Dinner to Donators
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- The USDA Considers Implementing Healthy Meals for Children in Daycares to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Fatty and Sugary Foods Could Diminish Important Brain Functions
- Confessions of a Picky Eater: Punta Cana Pescado
- Pizza Guy Administers CPR to Customer: ‘I Left a Pizza Boy, and Came Back a Pizza Man’
- Wish-Bone Is Recalling Thousands of Ranch Salad Dressings
What does President Obama eat on the campaign trail? You can find out for yourself.
The Obama-Biden campaign is offering a meal with the president as a prize for donating money to the campaign.
After donating any amount you choose, you will automatically be entered to win a dinner with Obama, and one guest of your choice.
The winner and his or her guest will be flown out to meet President Obama on the campaign trail.
“These dinners mean something more than just a meal among friends,” Obama said in a press statement this morning. ”They represent the kind of politics we believe in. It's a simple but powerful idea: Everyone should have a seat at the table, no matter where you come from or how much you can afford to give.”
The donation tiers are $15, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, and "Other," giving the donator the option to give as little or as much as he or she wants.
The project is called “Dinner with Barack,” and he’s inviting you to “meet me for dinner.”
This isn't the first time Obama will be dining with his donators. Check out what other Obama dinner winners did on their "date."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts