- Fried Chicken Day
Nigella Lawson's Husband Turns Himself in to Police for Alleged Assault Photos
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Burt Shavitz, Roadside Honey-Seller and Face of Burt’s Bees, Dies at 80 Years Old
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Wolfgang Puck
- 6 Surprising Food Facts About America’s Founding Fathers
- Chef Josh Berry on UNION, His New Portland, Maine, Eatery
- 5 Questions with Brian Landry of Borgne and Matt McCallister of FT33
The controversy and speculation that erupted after The Mirror's Sunday Paper printed photos of Nigella Lawson allegedly being choked by her husband might come to an end soon; Lawson's husband, Charles Saatchi, voluntarily took a police caution for assaulting Lawson, going to the police station where he was questioned for four hours, the London Evening Standard reports.
"Although Nigella made no complaint I volunteered to go to Charing Cross station and take a police caution after a discussion with my lawyer because I thought it was better than the alternative of this hanging over all of us for months," Saatchi said in a statement to the Standard.
Saatchi had previously told the Standard that the throat-grabbing was a "playfull tiff" where no pressure was applied, and the couple resolved their issue when returning home. Even so, Lawson's representatives state that she and the children are not residing in the family home. No word on whether the move is permanent.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts