Nigella Lawson's Husband Turns Himself in to Police for Alleged Assault Photos
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
The controversy and speculation that erupted after The Mirror's Sunday Paper printed photos of Nigella Lawson allegedly being choked by her husband might come to an end soon; Lawson's husband, Charles Saatchi, voluntarily took a police caution for assaulting Lawson, going to the police station where he was questioned for four hours, the London Evening Standard reports.
"Although Nigella made no complaint I volunteered to go to Charing Cross station and take a police caution after a discussion with my lawyer because I thought it was better than the alternative of this hanging over all of us for months," Saatchi said in a statement to the Standard.
Saatchi had previously told the Standard that the throat-grabbing was a "playfull tiff" where no pressure was applied, and the couple resolved their issue when returning home. Even so, Lawson's representatives state that she and the children are not residing in the family home. No word on whether the move is permanent.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts