- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
What's Your State's Favorite Beer?
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
Despite the huge craft beer movement, it seems like the most popular beers are still, obviously, the big ones.
Slate reports that a survey from Blowfish, a "hangover cure" product, found that of 5,249 drinkers across the nation, the new king of beers is actually Blue Moon. Sorry Bud Light.
According to their infographic, California is a huge Corona state, while Blue Moon rules the other western states. Bud Light is still favored in Texas, Montana, and more middle-America states, while Sam Adams is the brew of choice in Illinois and the Northeast.
Their polls, in the meantime, found that Maine, Wyoming, and Alaska had the most to drink, while folks in Washington, D.C., Wisconsin, and Utah tend to complain the most about their hangovers. Weak.
Meanwhile, women tended to drink maragitas (and take lemon drop shots) while men favored rum and Cokes (and took Jagerbomb shots). And of course, 51 percent of those surveyed fessed up to being hungover at work.
Check out the full infographics below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts