TGI Fridays Server Allegedly Spiked Muslim Woman's Drink with Bacon
Recipe of the day
- Amazing Delivery Man Manages to Deliver Pizza After Getting Stabbed
- Panera Bread Bans Artificial Additives Including High Fructose Corn Syrup and Trans Fats
- Thomas Keller to Open ‘Classic American’ Restaurant Within Upcoming Hudson Yards Project
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About TGI Friday's
- Danny Meyer and Owners of the Dead Rabbit to Open a Restaurant/Bar Concept Outside New York
A Garland, Texas, resident recently visited a TGI Fridays, only to be served bacon despite telling her server she was Muslim and couldn't eat pork.
WFAA reports that Nicole Queen, who converted to Islam six years ago, went into TGI Fridays for lunch with a friend. After receiving a cold reception from her initial server, she ordered a Cobb salad with the bacon taken out, since Muslims do not eat pork.
By the end of the meal, however, another server was handling their dinner, and after they paid the bill the server offered them a refill on her iced-tea to-go. She took the cup, walked to her car, and took a sip, only to realize that the straw was jammed with bacon pieces. "I knew right away that that it was bacon, and I knew right away that it had been placed in my straw because that was the first thing that went into my mouth," Queen said.
Queen has since complained to management, although the restaurant manager simply claimed it wouldn't happen. "Everything that came out of his mouth was denial and excuses," Queen said. And while Queen is not looking to file a lawsuit, she is hoping sensitivity training is in the works for TGI Fridays employees. An executive called Queen late Wednesday to apologize for her treatment, WFAA reports.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts