Most Expensive Big Macs Sell for $100
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Taco Bell Might Be Coming Out With Hot Sauce Chips
- Ben & Jerry’s Are Open to Making Marijuana Ice Cream
- Häagen-Dazs Teams Up with Six Artisans Around the Country for Latest Ice Cream Collection
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
After a Bridgeport, W. Va., McDonald's was reconstructed in 43 days (a company record, the Daily Mail reports), owners Jack and John Ebert decided to launch a special promotion: a $100 Big Mac.
This Big Mac order not only gave customers "two all-beef patties, special suace, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions on a sesasme bun," the Daily Mail reports, but also "an audience with Mike Delligatti, son of the famous sandwich's inventor." No gold flakes on the sandwich, unfortunately.
Rumor has it 62 Big Macs were sold, meaning Delligatti will have to entertain some 62 Big Mac fans, all who paid $100 for a burger and a chance to meet him. The promotion raised $62,000, with proceeds donated to local charities such as the Ronald McDonald House, or local high schools.
"The people of Bridgeport have embraced McDonald's for almost 40 years," co-owner John Ebert told the Daily Mail. "This Big Mac event was our way of giving back to the community that has been so kind to us."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts