- Todd English born (1960)
Michelin Releases Chicago Bib Gourmands
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
Chicago received exactly half as many Bib Gourmands as New York did this year, with the Michelin Guide naming 69 Chicago restaurants as Bib Gourmand-worthy.
The restaurants, which are meant to fall on the affordable end of the spectrum, include 21 newcomers including Lula Café (which fell off the previous list), Fat Rice, Mercat a la Planxa, Mott St., and bellyQ (rounding out Bill Kim's Bib Gourmands). Girl & the Goat, Frontera Grill, The Publican, The Purple Pig, and Avec all maintain their Bib Gourmand status. And at all these spots, diners should be able to purchase two courses and a glass of wine (or dessert) for $40 or less.
Interestingly, 16 restaurants were dropped this year, thanks to restaurant closures or perhaps a jump to Michelin stars. The Bristol, for example, could be a potential Michelin star. Check out the full list below. Chicago Michelin stars for 2014 will be released next week.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts