Michelin Releases Chicago Bib Gourmands
Recipe of the day
- The Best Restaurants in London
- This New Art Exhibit Allows You to Taste the Paintings
- Marco Pierre White Opens Revamped, Affordable Restaurant Inside Threadneedles Hotel in London
- What New York City Food Are You, Based on Your Astrological Sign?
- Study Says Travelers Would Rather Give Up Sex Than Coffee
Chicago received exactly half as many Bib Gourmands as New York did this year, with the Michelin Guide naming 69 Chicago restaurants as Bib Gourmand-worthy.
The restaurants, which are meant to fall on the affordable end of the spectrum, include 21 newcomers including Lula Café (which fell off the previous list), Fat Rice, Mercat a la Planxa, Mott St., and bellyQ (rounding out Bill Kim's Bib Gourmands). Girl & the Goat, Frontera Grill, The Publican, The Purple Pig, and Avec all maintain their Bib Gourmand status. And at all these spots, diners should be able to purchase two courses and a glass of wine (or dessert) for $40 or less.
Interestingly, 16 restaurants were dropped this year, thanks to restaurant closures or perhaps a jump to Michelin stars. The Bristol, for example, could be a potential Michelin star. Check out the full list below. Chicago Michelin stars for 2014 will be released next week.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts