- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Jamba Juice Giving Out Free Juice on August 6
Jamba JuiceDrinking free juice is probably one of the most delicious ways to raise health awareness.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Someone in Japan Invented Eel-Flavored Soda for a Refreshing Summer Treat
- Man Sues Rockstar Energy, Alleges it Gave Him a Heart Attack
- Starbucks to Discontinue Valencia Orange Refresher, Release New Flavor
- Exercise Enthusiasts Should Watch Water Intake, Study Says
- The Best Root Beers for Making Root Beer Floats
Mark your calendars! On Wednesday August 6 from 9 to 11 a.m., Jamba Juice will be giving out one free freshly-squeezed 12-ounce juice to each customer that walks in the door. Guests will be able to choose between five flavors: Tropical Greens (apple juice, fresh pineapples, supergreens and chia seeds); Citrus Kick (orange juice, apple juice, fresh pineapples, and ginger); Veggie Harvest (apple juice, carrot juice, beet juice, fresh supergreens, and ginger juice); Triple Revitalizer (orange juice, carrot juice, and bananas); or Tropical Kick-Start (orange juice and mangoes).
Why the freebie? The average American actually consumes 1.5 cups of vegetables per day (most of which are starchy vegetables like potatoes), when the USDA guidelines recommend between 2.5 and 3 cups of vegetables daily. Jamba Juice is trying to kick America’s bad health habits through a new campaign called “Blend in the Good,” which allows Americans to overcome their fruit and vegetable deficit “one juice at a time.”
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts