Hang Out with Julia Child in this Interactive Comic Book App
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
On the heels of its popular comic book Female Force: Julia Child, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by Nathan Girtin, Bluewater Productions has announced the release of an interactive app that brings Julia’s story to life.
In partnership with storybook app Authorly, Bluewater’s app includes sound effects with “audio hotspots,” and swipe-able navigation through Julia’s life as a chef.
The comic book and app are part of a series on influential women in the world, called Female Force.
Julia Child’s issue includes her training in Paris at Le Cordon Bleu, the formation of her timeless cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and her career as a charming television chef.
The comic book is downloadable in digital form in iTunes, Kindle, Google Play, Overdrive, and other outlets where eBooks are sold. The app is available in iTunes, Google Play, and the Amazon App store for $2.99.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts