Hang Out with Julia Child in this Interactive Comic Book App
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
On the heels of its popular comic book Female Force: Julia Child, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by Nathan Girtin, Bluewater Productions has announced the release of an interactive app that brings Julia’s story to life.
In partnership with storybook app Authorly, Bluewater’s app includes sound effects with “audio hotspots,” and swipe-able navigation through Julia’s life as a chef.
The comic book and app are part of a series on influential women in the world, called Female Force.
Julia Child’s issue includes her training in Paris at Le Cordon Bleu, the formation of her timeless cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and her career as a charming television chef.
The comic book is downloadable in digital form in iTunes, Kindle, Google Play, Overdrive, and other outlets where eBooks are sold. The app is available in iTunes, Google Play, and the Amazon App store for $2.99.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts