- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Hang Out with Julia Child in this Interactive Comic Book App
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
On the heels of its popular comic book Female Force: Julia Child, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by Nathan Girtin, Bluewater Productions has announced the release of an interactive app that brings Julia’s story to life.
In partnership with storybook app Authorly, Bluewater’s app includes sound effects with “audio hotspots,” and swipe-able navigation through Julia’s life as a chef.
The comic book and app are part of a series on influential women in the world, called Female Force.
Julia Child’s issue includes her training in Paris at Le Cordon Bleu, the formation of her timeless cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and her career as a charming television chef.
The comic book is downloadable in digital form in iTunes, Kindle, Google Play, Overdrive, and other outlets where eBooks are sold. The app is available in iTunes, Google Play, and the Amazon App store for $2.99.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts