IKEA customers will be able to get their first look at the newly remodeled restaurants later this month, as the company hosts a weekend-long celebration for their grand reopening.
Stores across the country will be hosting activities, workshops, and giveaways on April 29 through May 1. IKEA Family members will be able to take advantage of the special offerings at IKEA stores nationwide, which also include IKEA restaurant deals. Guests will also have the opportunity to sample some of the new sustainable IKEA food offerings the company announced last year.
The redesigned restaurants feature three different zones. One area provides quick bites for the “shopper on the run,” the second is family-oriented, and the third, ‘Fika,’ Swedish for “to have coffee,” has a “living room atmosphere,” according to a release.
“We know that there is so much more to food than food. Food brings people together at home in everyone’s daily lives, and we wanted to reflect that in the new dining experience at IKEA Restaurants,” said Patricia Meumann, U.S. commercial manager for IKEA Food. “What better way to celebrate together with our customers than with tasty food and family fun during our upcoming grand reopening weekend.”
See below for a schedule of events for participating IKEA stores:
Friday, April 29
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony for the grand re-opening of the new IKEA restaurant
- Early bird giveaways (5 p.m.) — First 100 visitors to the restaurant receive mystery prizes ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
- IKEA FAMILY Dinner Special from 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Three-course meal for only $6.99 (reg. $9.99); choice of meatball entrée + soup or salad + dessert
Saturday, April 30
- Early bird giveaways — First 30 people in line at store opening receive a free IKEA goodie bag with Swedish Food Market organic products (value $45); next 100 in line will receive mystery prizes ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
- Full day of IKEA FAMILY food offers
- Breakfast: Swedish-American breakfast for only $1.49 (reg. $2.99)
- Lunch: Chicken w/veggies and mashed potato for only $3.99 (reg. $4.99)
- “Fika” (Coffee Break): 50 percent off any dessert from 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Dinner: Two-course dinner — any entrée plus soup or salad or dessert for only $4.99 (reg. $7.99)
- “Fika” workshop at 2 p.m. where participants can learn the art of the Swedish coffee break
- Family-friendly activities*** (e.g., face painting, balloon artists, music, etc.)
- IKEA Food sampling and IKEA Swedish Food Market coupon giveaways
Sunday, May 1
- All-You-Can-Eat Brunch from opening to 2:30 p.m.
- IKEA FAMILY price $9.99 (reg. $12.99)
Early bird giveaways — First 100 people in line at store opening receive a mystery prize ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value