- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Catch Alton Brown Live on His Edible Inevitable Tour 2014
Chris LaPointe via Facebook/Alton BrownCatch Alton Brown Live on His Edible Inevitable Tour
Chris LaPointe via Facebook/Alton Brown
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- D.C. Residents Calling on Chef José Andrés to ‘Dump Trump’
- Burt Shavitz, Roadside Honey-Seller and Face of Burt’s Bees, Dies at 80 Years Old
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Wolfgang Puck
- 6 Surprising Food Facts About America’s Founding Fathers
- Chef Josh Berry on UNION, His New Portland, Maine, Eatery
Alton Brown Live! The Edible Inevitable Tour will feature demonstrations that are "large, potentially dangerous, and impractical" (you’ll be given a poncho), comedy, puppets, a multimedia lecture, talk show antics, and live music from Mr. Brown himself.
— Alton Brown (@altonbrown) June 2, 2014
A few lucky audience members will also have the chance to join Alton on stage as his assistant during each show.
“We have combined science, music, food, and a few other things no one in his right mind would allow me to do on TV, into a two hour extravaganza that’s fun for the whole family,” said Alton.
So far, the tour includes tentative dates for New York City, Boston, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Salt Lake City, and several other cities. A preliminary schedule is available now, with more dates to be announced soon.
Tickets are available now for the show in Athens on October 21.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts