New York Vendy Awards Move to Brooklyn
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
New York's street food festival-slash-competition Vendy Awards returns this year, but this time it's headed to Brooklyn.
According to a press release, the 2013 Vendy Awards will take place at Industry City in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, instead of its normal spot at Governors Island.
Nominations for vendors are being accepted now, and tickets are now onsale. The event, sponsored this year by Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine and Brooklyn Brewery, will bring together Vendy nominees for samples of their food. Attendees will then vote, alongside judges, to choose which street food vendors (food trucks and stands alike) will take home the Vendy Cup and other awards.
"Every Day with Rachael Ray is so proud to sponsor the Vendy Awards. We are all about making food and cooking accessible, relatable and fun — whether at home, on vacation or on the streets of your hometown. Food trucks bring new tastes and cuisines to so many people — their impact on food culture is real and permanent,” Lauren Purcell, editor-in-chief of Every Day with Rachael Ray, said in a press release. The Vendy Awards have been around for some nine years, and have since expanded to Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Boston, and Chicago. Now if only they'll create a national competition.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts