- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
New York’s Rainbow Room to Re-Open Next Fall
Recipe of the day
- Where to Eat Now in New Orleans
- American Brasserie The Fourth Serves a Fabulous Jazz Brunch Just Off New York’s Union Square
- Don Chingon Opens in Brooklyn
- Harry & Ida's Meat and Supply’s Pastrami on Rye has Katz’s Deli Worried
- Questlove to Host the Coolest Brooklyn Food Festival with Dominique Ansel, George Takei, and More
The Rainbow Room will be opening its doors to the public once again in fall 2014.
After the iconic Rockefeller Center restaurant and night club, located on the 65th floor of the GE Building, closed in 2009, Rainbow Room will be hiring a new chef and management team, according to a press released by Associated Press.
Gothamist also reported that the restaurant will be getting a design makeover courtesy of Gabellini Sheppard Architects. Blau + Associates will be in charge of reopening the soaring space.
According to Eater, the main dining area will be open to the public at least one night a week and during brunch on Sunday. The outdoor terrace will also be transformed into an indoor bar and lounge.
The restaurant closed after the previous owners, the Cipriani family, were involved in a tax violation scandal and stopped paying rent. Current owner Tishman Speyer closed the space four years ago, although it has since shown signs of reopening prior to the confirmed announcement.
Rainbow Room achieved landmark status, as it is one of New York’s historical and glamorous restaurants, almost exactly a year ago.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts