Texas Chili in New York City
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
As winter fast approaches, I find myself in search of a steaming non-vegan Bowl O’Red Texas beef chili.
We’re talking chile con carne sin frijoles. NO BEANS! But where to get the best in New York City without hopping a plane to Texas?
"Chili concocted outside of Texas is usually a weak, apologetic imitation of the real thing. One of the first things I do when I get home to Texas is to have a Bowl of Red. There is simply nothing better," said Lyndon B. Johnson, the 36th President of the United States.[slideshow:
I have to agree with Lyndon. As a real Texan, he would also never abide his Bowl O’ Red having anything in it other than meat. But I’m even willing to overlook a few stray beans here and there in New York City if the chili is also made with love.
After much sampling, check out the best Bowls of Red that New York City has to offer.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts