Texas Chili in New York City
Recipe of the day
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
- 5 Crazy Things Restaurants Have Done with Chicken Wings
As winter fast approaches, I find myself in search of a steaming non-vegan Bowl O’Red Texas beef chili.
We’re talking chile con carne sin frijoles. NO BEANS! But where to get the best in New York City without hopping a plane to Texas?
"Chili concocted outside of Texas is usually a weak, apologetic imitation of the real thing. One of the first things I do when I get home to Texas is to have a Bowl of Red. There is simply nothing better," said Lyndon B. Johnson, the 36th President of the United States.
I have to agree with Lyndon. As a real Texan, he would also never abide his Bowl O’ Red having anything in it other than meat. But I’m even willing to overlook a few stray beans here and there in New York City if the chili is also made with love.
After much sampling, check out the best Bowls of Red that New York City has to offer.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts