- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
New Klondike Kandy Ice Cream Bars in Three Flavors
KlondikeA romance between Klondike Bar and Nurse Candy brings us the Klondike Kandy Bar.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
Klondike, the makers of the classic Klondike ice cream bar as well as the Choco Taco and assorted ice cream sandwiches, is going after the candy bar market. The three new Klondike Kandy Bars are ice cream bars inspired by some of your favorite candy bars.
Fudge Krunch, features chocolate ice cream coated in caramel and milk chocolate with crisped rice pieces.Cookies & Cream is made with vanilla ice cream and “dark chocolate cookie crunch,” topped with chocolate fudge, and covered with white chocolate and more dark cookie crunch. Caramel & Peanuts features vanilla ice cream with caramel, covered in milk chocolate and peanuts.
To introduce the new product line, Klondike has partnered with CollegeHumor for a video series on the origin story of the Kandy Bar, which includes a romance between a candy bar and Klondike Bar.
Klondike Kandy Bars will be available nationwide in April at the suggested retail price of $3.59
Watch the first commercial, featuring Klondike Bar and “Nurse Candy,” below:
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts