- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
New Klondike Kandy Ice Cream Bars in Three Flavors
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- WATCH: This Pastor’s Hilarious Musical Ode to the Return of Blue Bell Ice Cream
- In a Soup Bowl (Not) Far, Far Away: ‘Star Wars’ Campbell’s Soups Are Here!
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
Klondike, the makers of the classic Klondike ice cream bar as well as the Choco Taco and assorted ice cream sandwiches, is going after the candy bar market. The three new Klondike Kandy Bars are ice cream bars inspired by some of your favorite candy bars.
Fudge Krunch, features chocolate ice cream coated in caramel and milk chocolate with crisped rice pieces.Cookies & Cream is made with vanilla ice cream and “dark chocolate cookie crunch,” topped with chocolate fudge, and covered with white chocolate and more dark cookie crunch. Caramel & Peanuts features vanilla ice cream with caramel, covered in milk chocolate and peanuts.
To introduce the new product line, Klondike has partnered with CollegeHumor for a video series on the origin story of the Kandy Bar, which includes a romance between a candy bar and Klondike Bar.
Klondike Kandy Bars will be available nationwide in April at the suggested retail price of $3.59
Watch the first commercial, featuring Klondike Bar and “Nurse Candy,” below:
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts