New James Beard 'Best of the Best' Cookbook
Recipe of the day
- 3 Savory Recipes That Will Change The Way You Think About Biscotti
- World’s Largest Cooking Lesson March 15 on HSN
- Clodagh McKenna’s New Cookbook is All About Meeting — and Eating — Around the Irish Table
- Chef Trevis L. Gleason Releases His Memoir, ‘Chef Interrupted’
- A Quick History of Culinary Apparel
In honor of the foundation's 25th anniversary, The James Beard Foundation's Best of the Best cookbook features the first 21 (out of 25) Outstanding Chef Award recipients' recipes and stories. Contributors include Wolfgang Puck (who won in 1991 and 1998, and also won the Lifetime Achievement award this year), Thomas Keller (1997), Mario Batali (2005), and other "food Oscar" honorees. Martha Stewart opens the book with a foreward on James Beard's effect on American cuisine.
The 240-page cookbook is on sale now; just in time for you to perfect a few recipes while watching the awards on May 7. Check out Tom Colicchio's sea urchin and crab fondue, or Rick Bayless' green herb ceviche with cucumber, to start.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts