- Dave "Wendy's" Thomas born (1932)
New Adam Richman Show Postponed After Instagram Tirade
ImgurThe former Man vs Food star received backlash for offensive language on social media.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Stranded Woman Survived on Apples, Fought Off Bees After Giving Birth in California Forest
- Infamous New York Fugitives Sprinkled Pepper in Their Tracks to Fool Bloodhounds, Unsuccessfully
- Restaurant Employee Arrested for Recording Women in the Bathroom
- What Ever Happened to the Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at a Shuttered Care Facility? We Called Them This Week to Find Out
- Police Arrest Walmart Streaker Who Doused Himself in Milk
The Travel Channel has decided to postpone Adam Richman’s new show after a recent tirade on Instagram. Man Finds Food was set to premiere July 2nd, but the network announced Tuesday that the show has now been shelved. There has been no new premiere date announced.
Adam Richman caused some controversy when he used offensive language with a woman on Instagram.It started when he posted a photo of his weight loss progress and used the hashtag “thinspiration,” which is a controversial term because of its links to eating disorders. Some viewers took offense to his use of the hashtag and began to criticize him for it, and as more and more people began to weigh in, Richman fought back with offensive language. He even told one of the commenters to "grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you."
Richman eventually apologized for his behavior on Twitter, but those tweets have since been deleted. The Man Finds Food team seems hopeful for a new premiere date soon, writing on Facebook "Still waiting for a airing date for the show." The Travel Channel has not confirmed whether the postponement was due to Richman’s social media rant, but it’s hard to imagine that there’s no connection.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts