- World Water Week begins
New Adam Richman Show Postponed After Instagram Tirade
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- School Lunches Have Gotten Much Healthier in the Last Few Years, Data Shows
- Russia Destroys 3,306 Pounds of Food Meant for the BMW Racing Team
- Dole CEO Found Liable for $148 Million in Conspiracy to Orchestrate Cheaper Buyout
- Pizza Hut Is Now the ‘Official Pizza’ of ESPN Fantasy Football
- 12 Arrested in $2 Million Food Stamp Fraud Ring: ‘This Operation Has Tentacles to Other States’
The Travel Channel has decided to postpone Adam Richman’s new show after a recent tirade on Instagram. Man Finds Food was set to premiere July 2nd, but the network announced Tuesday that the show has now been shelved. There has been no new premiere date announced.
Adam Richman caused some controversy when he used offensive language with a woman on Instagram.It started when he posted a photo of his weight loss progress and used the hashtag “thinspiration,” which is a controversial term because of its links to eating disorders. Some viewers took offense to his use of the hashtag and began to criticize him for it, and as more and more people began to weigh in, Richman fought back with offensive language. He even told one of the commenters to "grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you."
Richman eventually apologized for his behavior on Twitter, but those tweets have since been deleted. The Man Finds Food team seems hopeful for a new premiere date soon, writing on Facebook "Still waiting for a airing date for the show." The Travel Channel has not confirmed whether the postponement was due to Richman’s social media rant, but it’s hard to imagine that there’s no connection.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts