New Adam Richman Show Postponed After Instagram Tirade
Recipe of the day
- Dogfish Head Releases Official Beer of Record Store Day
- Sugar Reduces Levels of Stress Hormone Better Than Aspartame, Researchers Find
- Physical Inactivity Is Not as Related to Obesity as We Thought
- Widely Used Nicotine-Like Pesticide Is Dangerous and Addictive to Bees, Study Shows
- Ocean Economy, Worth $24 Trillion, in Rapid Decline From Overfishing, Climate Change
The Travel Channel has decided to postpone Adam Richman’s new show after a recent tirade on Instagram. Man Finds Food was set to premiere July 2nd, but the network announced Tuesday that the show has now been shelved. There has been no new premiere date announced.
Adam Richman caused some controversy when he used offensive language with a woman on Instagram.It started when he posted a photo of his weight loss progress and used the hashtag “thinspiration,” which is a controversial term because of its links to eating disorders. Some viewers took offense to his use of the hashtag and began to criticize him for it, and as more and more people began to weigh in, Richman fought back with offensive language. He even told one of the commenters to "grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you."
Richman eventually apologized for his behavior on Twitter, but those tweets have since been deleted. The Man Finds Food team seems hopeful for a new premiere date soon, writing on Facebook "Still waiting for a airing date for the show." The Travel Channel has not confirmed whether the postponement was due to Richman’s social media rant, but it’s hard to imagine that there’s no connection.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts