Nestlé Hunts Prizewinners With GPS Wrappers
Recipe of the day
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
- Cheez-It’s New Marketing Campaign: Sending a Giant Portrait of Our Writer in Cheez-It Form
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory might be one of the scariest kids’ movies out there—thanks to Gene Wilder’s creepy boat scene—but Nestlé’s taking the scary a step further with their latest promotion in the U.K., where Wonka’s golden tickets have been replaced by GPS chips hidden in candy wrappers and the oompa loompas are a helicopter full of commandos.
As part of the terrifyingly named “We Will Find You” promotion, Nestlé has hidden GPS units in six wrappers across the U.K. Unwrapping a winning chocolate bar activates the locator, which delivers your location to Nestlé’s crack team of prize-delivering ninjas, who will hunt you to the ends of the Earth and hand you a check for £10,000 (about $16,000).
According to The Huffington Post, the GPS units are hidden in bars of KitKat 4 Finger, KitKat Chunky, Aero Peppermint Medium, and Yorkie Milk chocolate bars.
Nestlé says it will find any prizewinners within 24 hours of the candy being unwrapped, but there’s no word yet on how they’ll go about locating people who throw their wrappers away, or whether planting a tracking device on a person violates any privacy laws.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts