NBC and Thomas Keller Make Stanley Cup Puck Cake
Recipe of the day
- Pippa Middleton Under Fire for Eating Whale Meat, Which Is Illegal in the UK
- 20 Most Influential Moms in Food
- The James Beard Awards Aren’t Coming Back to New York Any Time Soon
- This Google Executive Takes 100 Pills Daily to Achieve Immortality
- This Surprise Pizza Party on the Subway Made Everyone’s Commute a Lot More Fun
Who knew a puck to the mouth could taste so sweet? NBC Sports is partnering with Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery to create a limited-edition “puck cake” — a take on Bouchon Bakery’s famous MallowMore cake — just in time for the kickoff of the Stanley Cup playoffs on April 16th.
Bouchon Bakery will produce 6,500 of these hockey puck-sized cakes of a marshmallow in a chocolate cookie encased in a chocolate shell, reminiscent of a mallomar, emblazoned with various NHL team and league logos, which will be hand delivered to athletes, celebrity hockey fans, and other VIPs in the NHL world.
“Often our inspiration is in trying capture the memory of a favorite childhood food,” said Keller,. “The Puck Cake is no different, as it reminds us of the classic mallomar and the nostalgia of those flavors we enjoyed while rooting for our favorite team.”
Don’t get your hopes up though. These cakes will not be available at any Bouchon Bakery location.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts