- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Nabisco Makes Candy Corn Oreos for Halloween
Recipe of the day
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
Nabisco is celebrating Halloween with the unholy union of Oreo cookies and that holiday’s most iconic signature treat. That’s right, candy corn-flavored Oreos are real, at least until the end of October.
The best novelty flavors are the ones that sound so weird you just have to try them, and this one isn’t far from the mark. When the photos first began circulating, people thought it might be a delicious, weird hoax. But the company confirmed that the yellow and orange cookies were real, and that the flavor was a limited edition holiday novelty exclusive to Target stores.
“How do they taste?” writes Elie Ayrouth. “Like frosting. If no one had told you they were candy corn flavor, chances are you would have never guessed it was themed after the popular Halloween candy. There’s a slight hint of candy corn flavoring, but it’s almost indistinguishable from birthday cake frosting flavors.”
They still look cool, though, with a plain golden cookie around that bright orange and yellow two-tone filling. It’d be tempting to bring them out in at Halloween parties just so people would say, “OMG, are those candy corn Oreos? I heard about those on the Internet!” And presentation isn't limited to just a plate of plain cookies. Check out some of our best Oreo recipes for some ways to play with this particular holiday food.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts