Moroccan Chicken Stew Recipe
Daily Value: 72%
High-Protein, High-Fiber, Low-Carb
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Alcohol-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||155µg||39%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||10g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||5g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Chicken and vegetables are combined with spices, couscous, and crunchy cereal for a healthy and satisfying meal.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2/3 cup quick cooking couscous
- 6 pitted dates, quartered
- 1 /14 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups 2 cups torn, fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1/4 cups mixed multi-grain flakes and crunchy oat clusters, such as Kellogg's Smart Start Cereal
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and dates. Remove from heat. Cover. Let stand at least 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken, onions, and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, and red pepper. Stir in carrots. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add remaining 1 cup broth to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, place spinach in colander. Firmly press to remove excess liquid. Stir spinach and cereal into couscous. Spoon couscous mixture into 6 serving bowls. Ladle chicken mixture over couscous mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Kellogg’sServings: 6
Special Designations: Dairy-free, Healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).