- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Momofuku Hosting 3 Events to Benefit American Red Cross
Recipe of the day
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
- Japanese Mos Burger Chain Replaces Bun with Tomato
- Daniel Patterson Announces Plans to Step Down as Executive Chef of Coi
- A New York City Restaurant Was Allegedly Fined for Specifically Hiring an Indian Server
As we've mentioned time and time again, New York restaurateurs are a tough bunch, and as David Chang has reiterated, they can handle the devastation of Sandy.
So it's no surprise that Chang is organizing a charity dinner to raise funds for the American Red Cross.
The biggest event takes place Nov. 2 at 6:30, where Momofuku has teamed up with Café Boulud for cocktails and canapés, a six course dinner, plus wine pairings. Since most of the Momofuku restaurants are downtown, and thus out of power, the dinner will be hosted at Café Boulud at the Surrey Hotel. Tickets are $495, including gratuity and tax, and all proceeds go to the American Red Cross.
Other, slightly cheaper events for Momofuku? For lunch and dinner today, Má Pêche will be hosting Booker and Dax's cocktails in the balcony bar, and Momofuku MIlk Bar in Williamsburg will host a bun pop-up (two buns for $10). All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross. More info over at Momofuku's website.
Elsewhere in the New York dining sphere, Greenpoint favorite Five Leaves is also donating 100 percent of today's earnings to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, Eater reports. Go get that burger, Brooklynites.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts