- Taco Day
Mini Fish Tacos with Ginger-Scented Tomato Salsa
- Two 6-ounce seabass fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 6 mini taco shells
- Diced red onion, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
This recipe puts a fun spin on tacos and can easily be converted to a larger recipe to serve as appetizers. A unique ginger-flavored salsa adds an extra edge to the flavors, while all of the usual garnishes are still in attendance.
Heat outdoor grill or nonstick grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the fillets with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, about 8 minutes a side. Remove from the grill and let rest.
Combine the ginger, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, ½ teaspoon salt, red wine vinegar, tomatoes, and sugar in a bowl and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
Chop up, or flake the grilled seabass and distribute 2-ounce portions into each of the mini taco shells. Add a tablespoon of the salsa on top and garnish with the extra jalapeño, cilantro, red onion, and lime wedges.
Calories per serving:376 calories
Dietary restrictions:Sugar Conscious, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free