- Labor Day
Mini Cheeseburger Pies Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 sweet onion, preferably Vidalia, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon steak seasoning, preferably Montreal
- 1 Tablespoon steak seasoning sauce
- 5 slices cheese, preferably American, Swiss, or sharp Cheddar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Sunnied Egg Bialy Sandwich with Bacon, Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Balsamic Glaze
- Insalata Italiana
- Classic Tzatziki
- Goat Cheese Risotto with Broccoli Rabe
- Avocado, Strawberry, & Tomato Panzanella with Balsamic-Lime Dressing
- Buffalo Mac n' Cheese
- Farro with Broccoli Rabe Pesto
- Peanut Butter- and Nutella-Filled Linzer Tarts
- Greek-Style Hummus
Just in time for the Super Bowl as well as the other game days, this savory and fun alternative to the backyard barbecue favorite can become a staple in your kitchen.
Wrapping the phyllo dough around the burger brings the texture and flavor to another level. Combine it with your go-to burger toppings for a dish you won't forget.
Let the puff pastry dough sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, steak seasoning, and seasoning sauce together. Form into 5 small, flat patties. Place the patties in a slow cooker for 1 hour on high. Remove and top each burger with a slice of cheese.
Roll the puff pastry sheet to flatten slightly. Cut it into 5 relatively even rectangles. Cover each burger with a piece of puff pastry and wrap it around the bottom, pinching all of the edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet, pinched side down.
Whisk together the egg yolk and water to make an egg wash. Brush each wrapped pastry with the egg wash. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the puff pastry is nice and brown.