Milk Chocolate Cookies with Ginger and Toffee Recipe
Daily Value: 21%
|Folic Acid (B9)||47µg||12%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||5g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
We use crystallized ginger in these revved up chocolate chip cookies specifically because it’s as sparkly as any New Year’s Eve dress worth its price in glitter.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup Heath brand toffee bits
- 1 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix sugars and butter in large bowl until creamy. Add egg, espresso powder, and vanilla extract, and mix until even creamier. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Stir in ginger, toffee, and chocolate.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes, or until just golden. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet and let cool completely.