Microwave Meatball Stew
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 Pound ground beef
- One 15-ounce can whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 1/4 Cup frozen peas
- One 10 1/2-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- One 10 12-ounce can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 Teaspoon browning sauce, optional
Make this easy meatball stew in your microwave.
For more recipes, visit Taste of Home.
In a large bowl, combine the egg, breadcrumbs, onion, and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-inch balls.
Place in a microwave-safe baking dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs and microwave 3-4 minutes longer; drain.
In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients; spoon over meatballs. Cover and cook at 50 percent power for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Combine the cornstarch, water, and browning sauce if desired until smooth; gradually stir into the stew. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally.