Michael Tusk's Crostone with Ricotta and Asian Pear and More Recipes
Today on The Daily Meal
Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• A post-Purim treat: Haman's fingers, a pastry made with almonds, pine nuts, and walnuts.
• No longer relegated to soup, miso can be used to spice up fish, steak, and veggies with miso butter, mayo, butterscotch, and more.
• Michael Tusk's (of Quince restaurant) crostone with ricotta, Asian pear, and spicy honey is a surefire way to start a party.
• Winter's rapidly disappearing, but slow cooker meals are good year-round. Warm up on a cold night with Mexican vegetable stew, made with guajillo chiles, allspice berries, chayote (Mexican squash), and other veggies.
• This rainbow trout with flaxseed crust packs in the omega-3s — and doesn't skimp on taste.
• A twist on the classic mashed potatoes, Amish potato filling includes bread cubes, celery, and onion for an extra kick.
Portland Press Herald
• Brooke Dojny's Maine seafood chowder is more than clams; the recipe includes a mix of white fish, Maine shrimp, and scallops for a true taste of the sea.
• For a quick meal, update the go-to quesadilla recipe with caramelized onions and horseradish cheese.
• Roasted raspberries? It's possible, with Allegra McEvedy's recipe from Le Grand Cerf restaurant in the Champagne region of France.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts