- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Michael Tusk's Crostone with Ricotta and Asian Pear and More Recipes
Recipe of the day
Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• A post-Purim treat: Haman's fingers, a pastry made with almonds, pine nuts, and walnuts.
• No longer relegated to soup, miso can be used to spice up fish, steak, and veggies with miso butter, mayo, butterscotch, and more.
• Michael Tusk's (of Quince restaurant) crostone with ricotta, Asian pear, and spicy honey is a surefire way to start a party.
• Winter's rapidly disappearing, but slow cooker meals are good year-round. Warm up on a cold night with Mexican vegetable stew, made with guajillo chiles, allspice berries, chayote (Mexican squash), and other veggies.
• This rainbow trout with flaxseed crust packs in the omega-3s — and doesn't skimp on taste.
• A twist on the classic mashed potatoes, Amish potato filling includes bread cubes, celery, and onion for an extra kick.
Portland Press Herald
• Brooke Dojny's Maine seafood chowder is more than clams; the recipe includes a mix of white fish, Maine shrimp, and scallops for a true taste of the sea.
• For a quick meal, update the go-to quesadilla recipe with caramelized onions and horseradish cheese.
• Roasted raspberries? It's possible, with Allegra McEvedy's recipe from Le Grand Cerf restaurant in the Champagne region of France.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts