- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 3/4 Cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 Cups no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 Cups salsa
- 1/2 Cup water
A simple mixture of salsa, corn, and black beans seasoned with chili powder, onion flakes, and cumin makes up the tasty and flavorful filling in this stuffed peppers recipe. It's the perfect side dish for a Mexican-themed dinner or a light meal all on its own.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the peppers into boats and clean out the insides. In a pot, heat all of the other ingredients over medium-high heat, until thickened and bubbling, about 3 minutes. Place the peppers in a baking dish and spoon the mixture into the peppers. Cover with foil and bake until the peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.