- Fried Chicken Day
Meet Chef Chris
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Things You Need to Know about Kombucha, Kimchi, and Other Probiotic Foods
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
By Carly DeFilippo
3 stars in the New York Times. Sous Chef to Thomas Keller. Your ICE Chef Instructor.
From the Beatles to Lucille Ball, Charlie Chaplin to Oprah Winfrey—some of the greatest success stories come from unlikely candidates who were told they would never “make it.” But if ICE instructor Chef Chris Gesualdi was once an underdog, you’d never know it today.
Even as a young culinary student, it was clear that Chef Chris' work ethic made him distinct from other cooks. His first step into the "big leagues" of cooking was volunteering in Chef Thomas Keller's kitchen at La Reserve (while sustaining another full-time job). Chris quickly became Keller's "right hand man" and sous chef, working alongside the celebrated chef for 7 years.
"The years I worked at La Reserve, Raphael's and Rakel were some of the most formidable of my career and Chris was there every day. His commitment, dedication and work ethic were unmatched and continue to be an example today. I am blessed to be able to call him a colleague and friend, and our profession is in a better place because of chefs like Chris who truly understand what it takes to be a chef.” - Thomas Keller
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts