Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 12%
Sugar-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||45µg||11%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||1g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
A great way to serve this salad is to slice a 9-inch round focaccia in half horizontally, fill it with the tuna, and press a plate down on top of the round bread. Place a heavy can or weight on top for an hour, and the dressing will seep into the bread. Slice and serve.
- Four 6-ounce cans albacore tuna, drained well
- One 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell or piquillo peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced Greek olives
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and gently fold together until well combined. Serve on sliced bread as a sandwich or spoon over a green salad.
Recipe DetailsServings: 8
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).