Media Mix: Exploding Churros; Marshmallow Vodka Madness; and Carla Hall's Food Journey
Today on The Daily Meal
- Media Mix: Roy Choi's Next Move; Hooters Leaves SF; and Pépin's American Journey
- Media Mix: UK Chef Caught Stealing; Per Se's Blacklist; and the Marshmallow Trend
- Weekly Media Mix: $2 Subs; Exploding Tofu; and the Wrap Inventor
- Media Mix: 365 Days of 'Julie & Julia'; Sbarro Exits Chapter 11; and 'Food Hooking'
- Media Mix: Pete Wells' First Review; an Organic Milk Shortage; and 'Gay Men Don't Get Fat'
The Daily Byte brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Chile Daily Newspaper Ordered to Pay for Churro Burns: Chile's Supreme Court has ordered a daily to pay $125,000 to 13 cooks who were burned while trying a published churro recipe. The judge ruled that if the cooks followed the instructions, there was a high chance that the churro dough would explode. [AP]
Hello Kitty Restaurant Opens in China: A Sanrio-authorized Hello Kitty-themed restaurant called the "Hello Kitty Dreams Restaurant" is so popular, you usually need a reservation to get in. [China Daily]
How Carla Hall's Modeling Career Taught Her to Eat: The Chew host discusses her travels through Europe and recalls her first taste of gnocchi, calling the dish a "pasta thingy." [WSJ]
Introducing the White Strawberry: Are pineapple-y white strawberries, or pineberries, going to go big in 2012? [Telegraph]
Burglar Only Remembers Drinking Marshmallow Vodka: A 19-year-old who broke into two homes and fell asleep at the second one told Chicago police that the last thing he remembered was drinking marshmallow vodka. [Chicago Tribune]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts