The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news in the food world.
• Paula Deen is launching a new food company, Paula Deen Foods, to expand on her retail line. HInted: “fresh prepared meals for families to enjoy together.”[Savannah Now]
• McDonald's launched a new line of bubble tea in Germany... with a marketing campaign of a Chinese man named Chan McTi using a Japanese term to describe the Taiwan-originated product. Oops! [The Braiser]
• A spider was found in a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli. [Huff Po]
• The rare Fourchu lobster is making it onto restaurant menus in Nova Scotia. [WSJ]
• Sarah Jessica Parker reportedly served chicken at her $40,000 a plate Obama fundraiser. [Gawker]
• A man decided to call the police over a (reportedly) poorly made sandwich. "You're calling 911 because you don't like way that they're making your sandwich?" the dispatcher rightfully asked. [AP]