McDonald's Baguettes Get Michelin-Starred Chef Approval and More News
Recipe of the day
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
- Which Came First, Orange the Fruit or Orange the Color?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
McBaguette Approval Score: McDonald's takes on a French classic in France, and to the surprise of many, gets an approval stamp from Michelin-starred chef Pierre Koffman. [The Braiser]
Food Trucks Help Businesses: Looks like the boom in food trucks isn't just expanding people's lunch wallets; other businesses, such as Custom Vehicle Wraps, are experiencing a boom in business as well. [WSJ]
Chipotle Food Crisis: Thanks to rising food costs, Chipotle's forecasting for its fourth-quarter profit is way down, especially since the chain cannot lock in prices for organic ingredients and antibiotic-free meats. [Reuters]
Colicchio's New Restaurant: The celebrity chef's new restaurant in the Mirage in Las Vegas will be called Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steaks, slated to open summer 2013. [Eater]
Red Hook Businesses Still Struggling: The area's restaurants and businesses are still dealing with problems post-Sandy. [Grub Street]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts