- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
Mango Lassi Pops Recipe
- 2 ½ cups cubed mango (from about 1 pound of fruit)
- ¾ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6–8 thinly sliced lime wheels (optional)
This pop is inspired by sweet, cooling lassi — my favorite drink to have with Indian food.
In a blender, purée the mango, yogurt, sugar, 1 teaspoon of the lime juice, and the cardamom until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more lime juice if necessary.
Spoon the mixture into ice pop molds. Slice in the lime slices (if using) and insert sticks. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours or up to 1 week.
To unmold the pops, run hot water over the outsides of the molds for a few seconds, then gently pull the sticks.
Calories per serving:97 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat, Low Sodium Low Fat Abs, Kidney Friendly, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added