Make Your Own Irish Cream
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Some of the best holiday treats we’ve enjoyed were homemade. What could be better than that? Treats that are homemade and involve liquor.
Sure, you could make spicy bourbon balls, whiskey butterscotch sauce, or almond cognac cookie sandwiches, but we’ll actually be giving our friends and family something different this season: homemade Irish cream liqueur.
We found a simple and delicious recipe for it in Dutch author Yvette van Boven’s Home Made Winter, which was recently released. Though the store-bought variety is a best-seller this time of year, producing Irish cream yourself isn’t really that hard — and it allows you to experiment with various types of whiskey from around the world.
No matter what spirit you use, your guests will love a glass with dessert (pumpkin pie, perhaps?). And a small bottle also is a great host present.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts