'Mad Men'-Inspired Cocktails
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
After a long hiatus, the much-anticipated fifth season of AMC’s TV series Mad Men is finally returning this Sunday, March 25.
This retro-chic drama is well known for its boozy backdrops, with characters seen imbibing at all hours and locations. Legions of devoted fans are known to mix cocktails as they "play along" at home, and there are even venues which hold bibulous Mad Men viewing parties.
The show was first set in the late 1950s, when drinks and cocktails were still very much in their classic state and it was customary, expected even, to drink at the [smoke-filled] office. We are all familiar with Don Draper’s Old Fashioned fixation and intrepid Peggy drinking everything from Brandy Alexanders to Stingers as she blazes her way in the workplace. Plus, who can forget little Sally Draper stirring up Tom Collins' for the adults at a dinner party? And, of course, there is always that decanter of scotch at the ready.
— Amanda Schuster, TheSpir.it
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts