I find it easier to eat “healthier” during the warm summer months mainly because the heat makes me crave refreshing dishes. When I wake up in the morning I’m reaching for fresh fruit instead of something hearty and warm. Fruit salads can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. To help cool off in the heat or to spark a recipe idea for your next outdoor picnic, I put together a list of fruit salads with interesting flavor combinations.
1. Summertime Basil Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad, Aberdeen’s Kitchen
2. Zesty Orange and Mint Watermelon Salad, Lauren Kelp
3. Super Easy Fruit Salad in Pineapple Bowls, The Cookie Rookie
4. Roasted Beet, Blood Orange and Mandarin Salad, Downshiftology
5. Shaved Melon and Proscuitto Salad with Grana Padano, A Common Connoisseur
6. Summer Melon Salad, My Food Diary
What’s your go-to fruit during the summer months?