London’s Best Street Food
Recipe of the day
- Modern GC Marketplace Opens on Los Angeles’ Cahuenga Boulevard
- The Edge Steakhouse Provides a Feast for the Eyes and the Palate at the Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
- Classic Steakhouse The Palm Relocates to Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Hotel, Hotel Bel-Air Offer Romantic Valentine’s Day Packages
- Los Angeles Food News in February
London may be home to some of the world’s best fine dining restaurants, but this year the city is all about what some are calling "dirty food": the kind of stuff you can pick up on a street corner, eat with your fingers, and be on your way. It’s the summer of street food, and London is leading the revolution.
Once a last resort associated with greasy food and clogged arteries, food trucks and pop-up stands are now becoming an institution of gourmet-on-the-go. People travel miles to hunt down the latest, buzziest street food the city has to offer, and many of them draw lines (or, in true Brit-speak, "queues") longer than any restaurant. Food-savvy event promoters have even started entire mini "festivals" of street food, bringing together the very best the city has to offer.
And it’s not just burgers and hot dogs: London street food showcases cuisines from all over the world, from the U.S. to Vietnam to Italy. If you’re in the mood for some fast, tasty, authentic food made right in front of you, don’t miss steamed buns or the British take on American Southern-style food.
Hungry for more? Check out the slideshow to see the full list of London’s best street food!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts