Lisa's Delicious 3-Bean Chili Recipe
Daily Value: 12%
Low-Fat-Abs, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||256µg||64%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Chili doesnt always have to be about big chunks of beef. Using three different kinds of beans for that hearty effect, this recipe is not only vegetarian but also vegan-friendly.
- One 28-ounce can diced no-salt tomatoes
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, color of your choice
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces vegetable crumbles
- 1 cup white corn, frozen or fresh
Place all of the ingredients, except the corn, in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the chili begins to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the corn, cover, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve over brown rice or with a Cheddar-style soy cheese.
Recipe DetailsServings: 17
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).