Link Love: Entertaining and Cooking Blogs
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Get pumped for the Superbowl with these Buffalo chicken cupcakes, made with a hot-sauce cake and a blue cheese buttercream frosting (right). Pair it with 30 Rock's buffalo chicken shake. [Cupcake Project]
• Or, if you want a traditional super-sweet dessert, go overboard with cupcakes stuffed with mini Reese's peanut butter cups and oreos (above). [The Sweet Life]
• Download a bunch of recipes from the Notes from The Kitchen blog. Let's all make milk chocolate brown butter ganache. [workbook]
• Learn about all the different cakes throughout history (Boston Cream? Stained Glass?) as well as when the spoon was invented (1893). [America's Test Kitchen]
• Genius: A baked potato bar, with toppings like brie and cranberry sauce, sour cream and caviar, and goat cheese and sautéed spinach. [A Cup of Jo]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts