Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Retro candies and handmade chocolates take center stage at an old-timey candy shop in Philly (above). [Mac & Cheese]
• A gorgeous beachside hotel along Brazil's coast makes us want to jump on the next plane out of here. [Honestly WTF]
• Three Los Angeles restaurants get Amateur Gourmet's reviews: The Apple Pan, Gjelina, and The Lazy Ox Canteen. [Amateur Gourmet]
• Chicken pie, ham and cheese croissants, and a pear danish for breakfast in Sydney? Yes, please. [The Food Pornographer]
• What exactly is a Swedish Christmas? Candy, meatballs, and rice pudding. [Deep End Dining]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.