These Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars are so yummy that you are going to need to pace yourself or you will find that you just consumed three to four of them. I love lemons!!! I could just eat the lemon curd right out of the bowl. It is so good. This particular recipe calls for making the curd in the microwave. It is so easy and so delicious.
After the curd cools and thickens a bit you can line it in your casserole pan lengthwise. Three lines down the length will work just fine. Wait till you taste these. You and your lovelies are going to adore them.
Now using the end of a shish kabeb stick or a chop stick make small S’s down each line creating a swirl. The curd won’t make great swirls but the object here is to try to get lemon curd in almost every bite of every cheesecake bar.
Does anyone know how to get a teenager to stop eating these?
Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons melted butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press evenly into baking dish.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter and allow to cool for 5 minutes. In medium microwavable bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter. Microwave in one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Curd will thicken more as it cools.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment mix 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Turn mixer to low; add lemon juice and 1 egg at a time mixing just until incorporated. Pour cream cheese mixture over graham cracker crust.
- Using lemon curd make three lines the length of the baking dish going all the way to the edge. Using a shish kabeb stick or chop sticks make small S's through each line. Don't go too deep as you do not want to disturb the crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set in the center.
Lemon curd is too thick to get great swirls from. The objective here is get lemon in every bite.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/lemon-curd-cheesecake-bars/wk_bootstrap();
Other terrific recipes you will love!!
Gooey Butter Cake
Blueberry Cheesecakes in Mason Jars
The post Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars appeared first on Small Town Woman.