- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
Legal Seafoods: Funny or Offensive?
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Things You Need to Know about Kombucha, Kimchi, and Other Probiotic Foods
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
For the past few years, Legal Seafoods has expanded its ads far beyond a traditional restaurant campaign. In 2008, the company released various offensive ads like, “This conductor has a face like a halibut,” and “Bite me” both of which had to be pulled from the media because of their offensive undertones.
And now they’re at it again. As of this Friday, May 31, Legal Seafoods will launch an ad campaign that will feature people on YouTube doing various blissfully stupid, harmless things. The slogan that will read under all of the ads, playing on the poor decisions made in the videos will read, “Fish is brain food. We have fish.”
The company’s owner, Roger Berkowitz, told The Boston Globe earlier this morning, “As long as when you advertise you aren’t mean spirited or defamatory with what you’re trying to do, then why not have fun with it? One of the greatest things to me is that whether you like the ads or not, people can repeat them verbatim.” With such suggestive ads, we have to wonder — what’s the service like?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts