Le Bernardin, Jean Georges Get New Pastry Chefs
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Grant Achatz Is Opening Alinea Pop-Up Locations in Miami and Madrid
- Fancy French? Homey Delis? Red-Sauce Italian Joints? Say Goodbye to All of These and More
- David Burke fabrick Celebrates First Birthday with Special Menu
- Hooked on Cheese: Le Charme of Charm City
- Pete Wells Gives 3 Stars to Scandinavian Aquavit in Midtown Manhattan
To fill their shoes, the two fine dining establishments have hired new executive pastry chefs.
Le Bernardin has called in Laurie Jon Moran from Daniel, Picholine, and Per Se. Jean Georges, in the meantime, has picked up Joseph Murphy, who has worked for Jean-Georges Vongerichten as a corporate pastry chef. Jean-Georges Vongerichten reportedly described Murphy as "a big teddy bear, or maybe Gummy bear," but probably didn't mean the giant party gummy bear.
As for what the desserts will be, the Wall Street Journal reports that Le Bernardin will serve desserts with "slightly more elements... they're a tiny bit fuller," breaking down familiar recipes like a Black Forest cake or riffing off a piña colada.
Jean Georges desserts will maintain Iuzzini's "fourplay" approach, although with new ingredients like stone-ground Mexican chocolate.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts