- Moldy Cheese Day
Le Bernardin, Jean Georges Get New Pastry Chefs
Recipe of the day
- Dumpling Restaurant Sues Copycat Rival for Stealing Dozens of Recipes
- This Gourmet Japanese Restaurant Only Serves Canned Food
- Lady Gaga’s Former Personal Chef Opened a Restaurant in New York City
- This is the Best Way to Send Back Food in a Restaurant
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
To fill their shoes, the two fine dining establishments have hired new executive pastry chefs.
Le Bernardin has called in Laurie Jon Moran from Daniel, Picholine, and Per Se. Jean Georges, in the meantime, has picked up Joseph Murphy, who has worked for Jean-Georges Vongerichten as a corporate pastry chef. Jean-Georges Vongerichten reportedly described Murphy as "a big teddy bear, or maybe Gummy bear," but probably didn't mean the giant party gummy bear.
As for what the desserts will be, the Wall Street Journal reports that Le Bernardin will serve desserts with "slightly more elements... they're a tiny bit fuller," breaking down familiar recipes like a Black Forest cake or riffing off a piña colada.
Jean Georges desserts will maintain Iuzzini's "fourplay" approach, although with new ingredients like stone-ground Mexican chocolate.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts